What is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Ductless mini-split air conditioners, also called a split system, multi-split system or split-ductless system, are different from regular cooling systems in several ways. Not like central air, multi-split systems can be installed around your home to provide room-by-room air conditioning, giving you total control and flexibility over the temperature of each space.
Because they don’t have a need for ductwork, a mini-split AC can cool or heat a room’s air with up to 25% less energy, making them best for many families, especially rooms with temperature-sensitive personal property or equipment, garage conversions, older homes and modern homes where the highest energy efficiency and space is wanted. With a quiet, smaller design made to enhance energy efficiency, they’re also just as effective and simple to use as regular air conditioning equipment.
Some models are also a mini-split heat pump. Meaning they can offer heat and air conditioning like standard heat pumps, keeping you comfortable all year round.
At FAST of Florida, we’re proud to be a partner of Lennox®, the leading name in home comfort. Lennox makes some of the most silent and most energy-efficient home comfort equipment on the market.
Are Mini-Splits Better Than Traditional Systems?
You may perhaps be wondering why a ductless mini-split system would be more practical than a regular air conditioning system. Mini-split systems are just an added option of central air conditioning system, but have numorous of their own distinct benefits:
- Mini-splits allow for zoned comfort. Mini-splits create a zoned system, giving you the opportunity to set alternate temperatures for every room. This makes them more efficient for cooling spaces that are occupied more regularly, rather than using central air to cool your total household.
- Mini-splits can alleviate an existing HVAC system. Mini-split air conditioners are a great option if you’re only looking to supplement your HVAC system instead of replacing it entirely. This is a smart choice when hot and cold spots are a problem in mature or multi-story homes, when changing garage or attic space to a living room, and when assembling an addition. A mini-split system can normally be fitted into your house with very little complication.
- Mini-splits are good for rooms with no ductwork, for example, additions or garages. A mini-split air conditioning system is perfect for any additions or renovations to your residence that don’t encompass ductwork. You can ordinarily utilize them in garages, sunrooms, attics, sheds and more.
- Mini-splits are simple to install. Because they’re not connected to a central system, air conditioning installation is usually easier with mini-split air systems. Together with the support of one of our certified HVAC professionals, you can often have a mini-split air conditioner installed in no more than a day. There’s not as much disturbance given that we only need to drill a hole through the wall to link your ductless mini-split AC unit with the outdoor equipment. This makes them more unified and secure than window or portable AC products.
- Mini-split ACs are simple to operate. If you’re concered that a ductless mini-split system will be more complicated to use than a standard air conditioning system, we’re eager to put those fears to rest. Even if you have various units about your home, there are a wide variety of settings that make identifying the best temperature easier, including programmable temperature, motion and mobile controls.
- Mini-splits are incredibly quiet. Even though it is in the same area as you, ductless mini-split systems are typically more inaudible than air ducting from a central AC system. This is because a traditional air conditioner needing much more power to circulate the air around the whole residence, with excess wind or mechanical racket being an undesirable consequence. Mini-split systems are built to be elusive and can run as soundless as a whisper. If you have trouble sleeping or have exceptionally close neighbors, a ductless air conditioner is a fantastic option.
- Mini-split systems offer enhanced air filtration. These systems are able to filter airborne pollutants just as well as a traditional air conditioner. Mini-split AC systems are able to also come accompanied with an electrically charged air filter to catch dust, dander and more.
- Mini-splits are very energy efficient. A mini-split air conditioner is just as capable of being energy efficient as a standard system. In many situations, it can even be more efficient. This is particularly valid since they don’t posses ductwork that can leak air. If you only need cooler temperatures in specific parts of your household, a mini-split system can guarantee you’re only applying the power you demand where you need it. A standard central air conditioning system could exhaust up to 25% more power to accomplish the equivalent level of comfort. And most mini-splits are ENERGY STAR® rated for their excellent energy efficiency.
- Mini-splits could last longer than a central air conditioner. Central air conditioners usually may last up to 15 years. With suitable maintenance, a mini-split air conditioner can survive up to 20 years or more. With proper air conditioning maintenance, you can get any AC to live for many years. A ductless system is no less effective, and we’re more than willing to provide you with the very greatest upkeep and any necessary air conditioning repair.
Our Experts Can Assist with All Your Ductless Mini-Split Requests
Our friendly professionals are more than delighted to answer as many reservations about the benefits of a ductless mini-split air conditioning system for your household. Ready to request a free, no-obligation estimate? Call us at 727-545-8731 or contact us online today!
*FAST of Florida guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by FAST of Florida. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by FAST of Florida technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to FAST of Florida of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.