Benefits of Smart Thermostats
New technology and the convenience they provide have become critical features for our utilities, and home comfort is no exception. There are a range of smart thermostats that come with unique features and capabilities, but they all offer advanced technology that streamlines how you heat or cool your home.
Smart thermostats allow you to simplify your home comfort by understanding your family’s lifestyle and needs. There are many different models on the market—such as the NEST learning thermostat—that are taking advantage of this innovative smart home technology. Instead of walking to the thermostat or getting out of bed to adjust the temperature, many models allow you to use voice control instead.
Installing a smart thermostat can also help you manage heating and cooling needs for different areas in your home. You can place room sensors or temperature sensors, such as the NEST temperature sensor, in different rooms across your house. You’ll be able to set the desired temperature for each room.
Here are a few other benefits of using a smart thermostat:
- Remote Access: Smart thermostats offer the ability to control your heating and cooling from anywhere. Whether you are at work or on vacation, you can use your phone, tablet or computer to alter the temperature and keep an eye on your system. It makes it simple to ensure your home is just the right temperature before you get there.
- Energy Savings: There’s no need to throw away money heating and cooling your home when no one is around. Many smart thermostats distinguish when you’re at home or away and adjust the temperature to match.
- Learning Capabilities: Many smart thermostats can learn from your behavior by recording your daily activities. All you have to do is install a smart thermostat and it handles the work for you.
- Customized Data: You want to do your part to save energy while keeping your home warm or cool. Smart thermostats determine the best schedule to keep your home comfortable with the smallest amount of energy.
- Environmentally Friendly: Minimizing energy consumption does more than help with your energy bills. It’s also an easy way to help the environment by lowering emissions.
Is a Smart Thermostat Better than a Programmable Thermostat?
Programmable thermostats use a schedule to maintain temperatures in your home. Some allow you to implement one schedule during weekdays and another on the weekend.
Smart thermostats take this convenience a step further. They offer more flexibility, convenience and technology to satisfy your home comfort needs. From learning your preferences all on their own to using voice assistant to control your home’s heating and cooling, smart thermostats are a new way to manage your home comfort.
At FAST of Florida, we’re passionate about maximizing your family’s comfort and helping you save more on energy bills. We’re here to help, so contact us at 727-545-8731 today to request a free estimate or to schedule an appointment.
*FAST of Florida guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by FAST of Florida. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by FAST of Florida technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to FAST of Florida of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.