Having a professional plumber do your water heater installation gives many perks. From a free estimate to standing behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee,* you’re in good hands when you call FAST of Florida.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
It’s critical to be aware of signs that you need to buy a new water heater before a failure occurs. Otherwise, you may have to deal with an expensive water leak or chilly showers.
Many residences depend on standard tank-style water heaters. Tank water heaters keep and repeatedly heat a large amount of water. Here are four signs that you may have to have hot water heater replacement:
- Your water heater is over 10 years old. Most gas and electric water heaters last for around 12 years. Even if your present water heater is working like it should, you may want to consider getting a new one, especially if it hasn’t been adequately serviced annually.
- You run out of hot water quickly. This is a typical sign that you should get a new water heater. As a water heater matures, it gets more difficult to efficiently heat and offer warm water. This goes for both electric and gas water heaters.
- Your water heater is making a loud noise. Sediment increases in a water heater over time, which can lead to banging noises as that sediment hardens. When this occurs, the smartest solution is a water heater replacement.
- Your water heater is dripping. Leaks can develop as seals and joints expand and get smaller as time goes on. Valves might also become damaged. These common problems can be discovered and repaired with routine maintenance; however, you will eventually be required to buy a new water heater.
Pluses of Tankless Water Heater Installation
You have a lot of possibilities relating to hot water heater installation, which involves gas water heaters and electric water heaters. Also, you can decide between a standard tank water heater or a tankless water heater. There are pros and cons to both types of systems; however, a tankless water heater installation has a lot of appealing benefits. Here’s just a couple of them:
- Limitless hot water. Tank water heaters store and continually heat water. But when the tank is filling up or reheating, you’ll have to wait a few minutes for hot water. Tankless water heaters can offer a continual supply of hot water.
- Enhanced energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters are typically up to 35% more energy efficient than traditional water heaters, depending on your family’s needs. This is since they heat water as you need it as opposed to storing it.
- Compact. Tankless water heaters don’t need a good amount of area. They can be placed in a less conspicuous place on an interior or exterior wall, or even beneath a sink.
- Reduced chance of flooding. Tankless water heaters don’t hold water, so they’re less likely to experience a catastrophic failure like a tank water heater.
Once you’ve made a choice for hot water heater replacement, you won’t have to fret about maintenance. Our Complete Comfort Club is a worry-free maintenance program that also includes required routine service for your heating and cooling system, in addition to a whole-home plumbing inspection every year. As a treasured member, you’ll also enjoy exclusive repair discounts and priority repairs. When you have to have water heater repair, we’re available 24/7 to pick up your call.
Want to find out if a tankless water heater is right for your residence? Call our water heater professionals at 727-545-8731 to request your free estimate now.
*FAST of Florida guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by FAST of Florida. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by FAST of Florida technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to FAST of Florida of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.