When Should You Replace Electrical Wiring in a House?
A whole-home rewiring might feel like a massive project to undertake. You want to be positive that it’s work your residence will benefit from. Thankfully there are lots of reasons to work with a quality electrician like one from FAST of Florida.
We strongly suggest replacing wiring in residences that are beyond 30 years old, particularly if you’re often overloading breakers or see stains on electrical outlets.
5 Advantages of Replacing Your Home’s Wiring
Here are some other perks of electrical rewiring for your house:
- Extra outlets. Old residences don’t have a lot of outlets, which means you may be relying on a lot of extension cords. When used wrong, these cords could lead to a fire hazard. Rewiring your home gives you a chance to add much-needed outlets.
- Better capacity. Older houses often have a smaller electrical capacity, which limits the devices you can use.
- Defends your house. Aging wiring can be dangerous since it could lead to a fire. A knowledgeable electrician like one at FAST of Florida will follow detailed precautions to confirm a rewiring project is done to code.
- Improves the value of your home. If your home needs new wiring, it could be difficult to find a buyer. A rewiring project could be what allows you to successfully close a sale.
- Connects new additions or renovations. If you’re performing major construction on your residence, the differentiation in wiring between old and new sections might create problems. Adding a new addition is a great opportunity to rewire your entire residence to make your electrical system alike from one end to the other.
A whole-home rewiring project is a great solution if your residence is old, you want to sell it or are scheduling major renovations. It also adds a valuable layer of safety. If you want to start your project, give FAST of Florida a call at 727-545-8731 to request a free estimate today!